Freddie Mac Project Mgmt Sr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 1
Full Time/Part Time:
Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager Sr to contribute to the development and Production Support of CRT Systems. The role will act in an IT Lead role on projects, providing guidance and oversight to projects. The Project Manager Sr will also ensure alignment between project activities and approved scope and negotiate with the business and other stakeholders on changes to scope. This role will own full end-to-end delivery of software product with either direct or indirectly managed team members of varying professional levels. Be a role model and a technical mentor to the developers. Work collaboratively with open minded, technology savvy and dedicated members from other IT and Business groups in solution delivery as well as efficiency. This role will also manage ongoing production support needs or incidents for a critical business function.
• Creating detailed estimates to ensure that they are reasonable and aligned to historical norms where applicable. Work with the team to identify opportunities for efficiency in project planning and execution to provide the business with solutions at the lowest cost while balancing risk appropriately.
• Working with business partners to understand requirement needs and challenging the team to create inspiring solutions.
• Ensuring that requirements / use cases including Non-functional (performance, operational and transitional) are fully developed, communicated and understood.
• Working with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that requirements gaps or issues are resolved in a transparent and timely manner.
• Providing guidance to the team on high level design, ensuring that the design is consistent with the approved architecture and aligned to the forward-looking technical direction/roadmap.
• Engaging with Enterprise and Application architects to promote collaboration on the development of solution architecture. Reviewing architecture and ensuring alignment with accepted architectural principles and the strategic roadmap.
• Defining structure and resource needs for development teams and aligns resources to the project team.
• Ensuring that development practices (e.g. code reviews, unit testing, etc.) are followed through the project life-cycle.
• Reviewing project plans and status and rapidly mobilize resources to address risks and issues in the development space.
• Engaging collaboratively with the Test team to define appropriate test strategies and plans for projects.
• Defining testing support model to ensure efficiency and quality in defect resolution.
• Being a champion for process improvements across Delivery Services by challenging the status quo, fostering innovative thinking, engaging key stakeholders, and supporting the change effort.
• Leveraging experience to categorize a project risks and identify and mitigate new risks.
• Demonstrating ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish. Facilitating appropriate handoffs, but track the item through resolution. Escalate proposed or actual solutions that do not adequately resolve the problem or satisfy the stated need.
Work Location Zip Code:
• Typically has at least 8 years of technical project management experience
• Bachelor’s degree is required (preferred if in Management and/or Technology disciplines)
• Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) is required
• Strong presentation skills is a must
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Strong Risk Management Skills
• Strong Estimation Skills
• Must be able to support multiple concurrent high priority projects while concurrently ensuring high quality production support.
• PMP certification highly desirable
• Should be skilled at RFP/Proposal work
• Should be skilled with Vendor Management
Work Location City:
Project Management, Senior
• Must have good communications and influencing skills
• Active experience of SDLC and Agile methodologies
• Proficiency with Planview
• Should be familiar with the Secondary Mortgage Market
• Should have experience supporting critical business functions
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)