ActioNet, Inc Project Manager in Germantown, Maryland
Program Management & Operations (Non Tech)
Position at ActioNet
The Project Manager will support the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Architecture, Engineering, Technology & Innovation (OCIO IM-50) in its efforts to develop and implement cloud architecture for local Energy Information Technology Services (EITS) and for other sites and program offices across the DOE Enterprise. This position reports to the contractor Program Manager for IM-50.
The Project Manager provides overall management and support of multiple IT Modernization projects of a large scale, multi-site IT operations environment. This role is critical in leading projects from initiation to project close for IM-50 and the DOE enterprise. This position will assist the customer in developing project artifacts for multiple projects at EITS and across the Enterprise.
The Project Manager analyzes, translates, and composes both technical and non-technical information into clearly readable documents and design artifacts that are used by technical and non-technical personnel. The scope and type of work products will range widely. Work products will be used at multiple levels of the organization, and many may be used by the Department’s Senior Leadership to make decisions. The Project Manager will conduct research and compile the results into useful, usually actionable, documents and presentations. The Project Manager will work with technical team members as needed to ensure technical concepts and terminology are properly used.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager directly supports the IM-50 Program Manager (Contractor) and the DCIO by developing project related documents (e.g. Project Management Plan). . Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership to teams of IT professionals supporting the customers Enterprise Innovation and Engineering efforts. Responsibilities Supports a large, complex task order (or a group of task orders). Assists the Program Manager in working with the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the task order level COR(s), government management personnel across multiple program staff offices and customer agency representatives. Responsible for the overall management of the specific task order(s) and insuring that the technical solutions, schedules and deliverables in the task order are implemented and delivered in a timely manner and within budget. Performs enterprise wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems.
The candidate must be familiar with a variety of Information Technology concepts, practices, and procedures and have a degree of creativity and latitude in applying them. A solid understanding of the Information Technology business and technology service offerings and ability to articulate them to customers in a non-technical way is a fundamental capability. The Project Manager will perform other duties as assigned. Specifically duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• 7+ years of directly related experience supporting Federal government clients
• Trusted professional who can work in a team environment and communicate and present effectively to the customer
• Proficient in the use MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, customers, peers, and staff
• Strong organizational skills
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Strong dedication to customer service
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to ad-hoc changes in the environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to create and maintain detailed project plans
• Develop of Action and Milestones from creation to closure
• Working with the Federal Lead, assign appropriate resource(s), priority rating, deliverables and timeframes to all tasks
• PMP Certification
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance or above
Consulting skills required
• Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud based Architectures. Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills
• Experience in working in PMI methodology managed projects is valued.
• Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.