Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Graphic Designer in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
Graphic Designer (USAASC-18-0562-W)
Bowhead is looking for a Graphic Designer for Communications and Program Support to The U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC). The Graphic Designer shall provide a variety of functions supporting the Army AL&T magazine, USAASC and ASA(ALT) websites
and online platforms, as well as briefings, reports, and digital media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide advice and assistance on interpreting and applying policies, guidelines, standards for design, graphics, composition, and other techniques related to communicating information.
• Research, manage, and maintain appropriate databases so as to apply the fundamental principles of graphic design as needed.
• Create designs in the most appropriate program(s) using original artwork, photographs, and/or computer graphics to achieve the most effective message possible in the shortest time possible.
• Serve as a graphic design resource to the agency; designs format of documents and publications; works with clients in selecting type font, layout, ink, paper stock, and printing and binding methods.
Bowhead is looking to speak to experienced professionals for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred), and 3-5 years of relevant experience in graphic design, formulating concepts, and performing layouts of graphic designs consisting of photographic, text, and abstract illustrations as well as computer Web page designs,
computer graphics, video editing and production, and animation programs.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Flash, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Acrobat), Visio, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
• Commitment to quality customer service and customer’s needs with a dedicated attitude that ensures mission success.
• Quick learner, creative, resourceful, and able to work independently
• Experience resolving highly sensitive and complex problems
• Highly organized with the ability to see both the details and the big picture.
• Excellent communication skills, team player
• Effective communication with a wide range of groups including internal and external customers
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=20199
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41