Vencore Project Engineer Technical Specialist (Tech) in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Responsible for technical/operational leadership of a project/mission or group of projects/missions within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer. Defines, generates, and reviews project requirements documentation. Performs technical studies to refine project requirements. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received. May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
Vencore is looking for a candidate experienced in the development and management of various project and workflow processes. Although project management skills are required, the focus of this position will be on execution of technical, project and management processes in support of a mission-focused Intelligence Community (IC) customer.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand process requirements and develop an effective workflow from those requirements.
- Develop and implement associated processes.
- Monitoring the execution of those processes and provide reports using meaningful metrics where possible.
- Translate technical requirements and communicate with business managers.
- Brief management on proposed processes and workflows
- Effectively communicate those processes to technical teams
- 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD in engineering or information technology.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Prior experience with ServiceNow service delivery.
- Prior procurement and/or logistical experience.
- Demonstrated technical engineering background
- PMP certification
Job ID 2018-50121
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time